It Ain’t Necessarily So…
Millions of people watched the movie ‘The Secret’ and learned that they are in fact in charge of their destiny. People all over the world, many for the first time in their lives, put pen to paper and wrote out what it is they wanted out of life. And then….nothing happened.
The Subconscious Runs the Show
Almost all of the teachers from the movie have now gone on to teach follow-up courses because people were not getting results they had hoped for. The suggestions range from ‘get out in nature’ to re-arrange your furniture’ All in hopes of shaking things up and making things happen for you. Sadly, none of this will bring you any closer to making your dreams a reality.
The problem in manifesting is that no matter what people are telling you – we are really not in charge of our thinking. People say that ‘nobody can make you think or do anything’. Well, that is simply not true. If someone says something to you that ‘hits a nerve’, you’ll react whether you want to or not. At the very least, you’ll react by getting your feelings hurt. That’s because you perceive everything through the lens of your subconscious programming. You can make up the most beautiful vision board – and knowing what you want is an essential step to getting it – but if subconsciously you don’t feel you deserve it you will very effectively keep your good from ever reaching you.
It’s the subconscious that runs the show.
1. Write It out
The trick is to recognize the messages in your subconscious mind. Doing that is simple! Take a good, hard look at your life. What you see there is the direct, exact mirror image of all your subconscious beliefs. It’s all played out for you in living Technicolor, right in front of your eyes. This is great news because it puts you in a position to do something about it.
- Write down every one of your problems and complaints, everything that is not going exactly the way you want it to go.
- I can’t make ends meet.
- My boss doesn’t appreciate me.
- I can’t find anyone to share my life.
2. Personalize It
- Realize that nobody is keeping your good from you but you. Everything is always You doing it to You.
- Now let’s go back to your complaint list and own every messages, then personalize them by adding your name.
- I don’t deserve to have enough. Mike doesn’t want Mike to have enough to make ends meet.
- I don’t appreciate me. Marni doesn’t value Marni.
- I am not worth loving. Susan is not worth loving.
- Write the personalization in different ways until you come across the exact message that you have been telling yourself. You will recognize it immediately because you heard it a million times before in your subconscious. Once the message is exposed you can clearly see why your manifestations have not been materializing.
3. Change It
Now it’s time to replace the old concepts with new concepts that reflect the truth about you by writing a specific affirmation that addresses each of the false messages:
Mike is a beautiful and unique Expression of Life and deserves the very best. The Abundance of the Universe that is reflected in all of Nature now manifests in his life to overflowing.
Address each problem, each lie about yourself, with its own affirmation. Write these affirmations out and keep them by your bed. Read them first thing in the morning and last thing at night for about a month. It is not difficult to replace the old concepts now that you are aware of them. Truth is always a hundred times for powerful than a lie because truth is in line with the Universal Flow while a lie goes against it.
Was This Helpful?
Sign Up So You Don’t Miss Out